Skip to main content

Physics and Astronomy Override Information

Prerequisite/Co-requisite Errors:

  • Students meeting PRE-REQ’S at another institution or Purdue Regional Campus will have to wait till grades/credits are posted to their transcripts.  No PRE-REQ overrides will be granted.
  • Students should use the Scheduling Assistant to request an override to gain access to a course.  How to request an override video
Departmental Designees 

Dr. Andrzej Lewicki

  • All 100-200 level PHYS Courses (except H sections of PHYS 172/272) 
  • PHYS 342, 322 
  • All ASTR courses 

Janice Thomaz

  • PHYS 172H and 272H sections 
  • All 300 – 400 level PHYS courses (except 342 + 322)
(*) Students not pursuing a PHYS major or minor should ONLY request override during OPEN REGISTRATION after the PHYS Major/Minor students have had a chance to get into their required PHYS courses. 

Schedule Deputy Contacts

Brandy Pinkard

How to Request a Closed section override. *Note the department must have the course enabled to allow CLOSED requests. 


Last Updated: Nov 13, 2023 10:55 AM

Department of Physics and Astronomy, 525 Northwestern Avenue, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2036 • Phone: (765) 494-3000 • Fax: (765) 494-0706

Copyright © 2023 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the College of Science.