Short Bio & Talks
Prof. Dr. Andreas Jung
Appointments and Professional Preparation
- Associate Professor at Purdue University, since 2021.
- Visiting Guest Professor for Instrumentation, TU Dortmund, Germany, summer 2022.
- Assistant Professor at Purdue University, 2015 - 2021.
- Postdoc at Fermilab, Supervisor: Dr. Denisov & Dr. Harris, 2010 - 2015.
- Postdoc (Heidelberg University, Germany) Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Schultz-Coulon, 2009 - 2010.
- Ph.D. thesis (Heidelberg University, Germany) Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Schultz-Coulon.
- Diploma in physics (University of Dortmund, Germany) Supervisor: Prof. Dr. D. Wegener.
Leadership & Technical Responsibilities
- Co-coordinator, CPAD US Detector Instrumentation R&D Collaboration for Detector Mechanics, since 2023
- Co-Convener of the CMS TOP Physics Analysis Group, 10/2020 - 10/2022.
- Co-Convener of the CMS Inner Tracker Mechanics subgroup, 10/2017 - 10/2020.
- Co-Convener of the CMS Top quark Properties subgroup, 10/2015 - 10/2017.
- Co-Convener of the DØ Top (& Higgs) Physics Group, 08/2012 - 08/2015.
- Convener of the DØ Single and Double Top subgroup, 08/2011 - 08/2012.
Colloquia / Seminars of Interest to the Jung group
An overview of the upcoming HEP/HEP Theory seminars can be found at this location: HEP/HEP Theory Seminars.
Public Talks by Group Members
New physics and the top quark at the Large Hadron Collider, A.Jung, Physics Colloquium at Purdue U, 02/18/2016
Top Quark Precision Physics and the Fate of the Universe, A.Jung, Particle physics seminar at BNL, 10/01/2015