Research Interests Current:
Prof. Jones' primary area of research is in High Energy Physics. Currently he is a member of the CDF-II collaboration which has built and operates one of the two detectors at the Tevatron - the World's highest energy proton-antiproton collider, located at the Fermi National Accelerator Lab.
- Heavy flavor physics at CDF
- b-quark production
- Identification of B-hadron flavor at production
- Associated kaon production
- Decays of B0_s mesons
- Particle identification in p p-bar collisions
- Trigger electronics upgrade
Heavy flavor physics using the OPAL detector at the LEP e+e- collider, located at CERN. I carried out a study of the production of P-wave charm mesons among the decay products of the Z-boson. We were the first to observe the production of the Ds1 meson in Z decays.
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania 1997-1999.
- Jasbir Singh Sidhu Memorial Book Award, Carleton University, "for demonstrated excellence academically and in research", 1996.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship, Carleton University, 1994-1996.
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship, Carleton University, 1992-1994.
- NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award, University of Victoria, 1990.
- First Prize for contributed paper, Canadian Undergraduate Physics Conference, 1989.
- Associate Professor, Purdue University, 2009-present.
- Assistant Professor, Purdue University, 2003-2009.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Pennsylvania, 1997-2003.
- D. Acosta et al, CDF collaboration, "Search for the Flavor-Changing Neutral Current Decay D0-->mu+mu- in p anti-p Collisions at s**(1/2)=1.96 TeV", FERMILAB-PUB-03/240-E, Submitted to Phys Rev D, Rapid Communications, August 25 2003.
- D. Acosta et al, CDF collaboration, "Measurement of Prompt Charm Meson Production Cross Sections in p anti-p Collisions at s**(1/2)=1.96 TeV", FERMILAB-PUB-03/217-E, Submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett. July 28, 2003.
- D. Acosta et al, CDF Collaboration, "Measurement of the Mass Difference m(D+_s)-M(D+) at CDF-II", FERMILAB-PUB-03/048-E, Submitted to Phys Rev D, March 19, 2003.
- Ch. Paus et al, "Design and Performance tests of the CDF Time-of-Flight System", Nucl. Instrum. Meth A461:579-581, 2001.
- C. Grozis et al, "The Time-of-Flight Detector at CDF", Nucl. Phys. Suppl. 93:344-347, 2001.
- K. Ackerstaff et al, OPAL Collaboration, "Production of P-Wave Charm and Charm-Strange Mesons in Hadronic Z0 Decays", Zeit. fur Physik C76:425-440, 1997.