The projects described below are typical research projects. These projects were offered during previous REU programs. We expect to offer a similar array of projects for this summer.
List of sample projects for past years
Summer 2009 projects:
- "Chondrites & Chondrules"
Corwin Atwood-Stone, College of Wooster
- "Efficiency of Gamma Ray Detectors"
Amanda Barnett, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Gold/Platinum Nanoparticles"
Courtney Byard, University of Louisville
- "Simulation on the Response of the STAR HFT Pixel Detector"
Alex Cimaroli, Purdue University
- "Higgs Analysis for the CMS"
Lee Coates, Purdue University
- "Higgs Boson Analysis, Part II"
Amelia Uecker, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- "Achieving Super Resolution Using Quantum Dots"
Nicholas Fitzsimmons, Florida State University
- "Manganese Neurotoxicity"
Meghan Kohne, DePauw University
- "Wilson Loops in Large N Field Theories"
Matthew Krafczyk, University of Illinois Urbana
- "Molecular Beam Epitaxy"
Shaun Mills, Grove City College
- "Bs to J/Psi-y"
Nishanth Sasankan, Purdue University
- "Laser Speckle: application for trapping"
Joel Sleppy, Washington University in St. Louis
- "Gamma-Ray Luminosity in Pulsar Wind Nebulae"
Eleanor Terry-Welsh, WPI
- "Atmospheric Characterization of El Penon: The Site of the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope"
Mallory Young, Hendrix College