M.S., Physics, Moscow State University, 1985
Ph.D., Physics, Institute for Nuclear Research of the Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia, 1988
elementary particle theory, cosmology, and quantum field theory.
Awards and Honors
- University Faculty Scholar, (Purdue) 2001-2006
- National Science Foundation, Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award 1995-1998
- U.S. Department of Energy, Outstanding Junior Investigator Award 1994
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, Fellow 1994-1998
- Professor of Physics, Purdue University 2002-present
- Associate Professor, Purdue University 1998-2002
- Assistant Professor, Purdue University 1993-1998
- Julian Schwinger Postdoctoral Fellow, UCLA 1991-1993
- Junior Researcher, Institute for Nuclear Research, Moscow 1987-1991
- S. Khlebnikov, Quasiparticle scattering by quantum phase slips in one-dimensional superfluids, Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 090403 (2004).
- S. Khlebnikov and I. Tkachev, Relic gravitational waves produced after preheating, Phys. Rev. D 56, 653-660 (1997).
- S. Yu. Khlebnikov and M. E. Shaposhnikov, The statistical theory of anomalous fermion number non-conservation, Nucl. Phys. B308, 885-912 (1988).