B.Sc., M.Sc. Physics, University of Waterloo
Ph.D., Physics, University of British Columbia
- Dynamics of the formation of signaling complexes in the plasma membrane of cells.
- Stochasticity in signaling responses
- Diffusion in lipid bilayer membranes with embedded mobile and immobile obstacles.
- Development of ultra-fast imaging techniques for observing individual molecules in living cells.
- Single molecule biophysics.
- 2015-Present Associate Head, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Purdue University
- 2012-Present Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Purdue University
- 2005-2012 Associate Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Purdue University
- 2000-2005 Assistant professor, Department of Biological Science, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
- 1998-2003 Group leader and researcher, Kusumi Membrane Organizer Project, ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Co., Nagoya, Japan
PhD Students Supervised
- Shunyuan Zhang, “Mobility of prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) on LNCaP cells”, 2014
- Chetan Sood, “Measuring and Modeling The Response Characteristics Of The Environmental Phosphate Transducer In Escherichia Coli”, 2013
- Hochan Lee, “A FRET study of PhoR-PhoB two component system in E.coli”, 2013.
- Alyssa Garrelts, “Dynamics of lipid analogs in the E. coli outer membrane”, 2011
- Jacob Hale, “Physical interactions of membrane receptors of two human cancer cell lines”, 2011
- Dongmyung Oh, “Single molecule studies of receptor proteins of Escherichia coli”, 2010.
- Jeffrey Spector, “Diffusion properties of band 3 in human erythrocytes”, 2009
- Gina-Mirela Mustata, “Imaging the fine-scale structure of the cellular actin cytoskeleton by Single Particle Tracking and Atomic Force Microscopy”, 2008
- Dynamics of the serine chemoreceptor in the Escherichia coli inner membrane: a high-speed single-molecule tracking study
D Oh, Y Yu, H Lee, BL Wanner, K RitchieBiophysical journal 106 (1), 145-153, 2014.
- Energy-dependent motion of TonB in the Gram-negative bacterial inner membrane
LD Jordan, Y Zhou, CR Smallwood, Y Lill, K Ritchie, WT Yip, SM Newton, PE KlebbaProceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 110 (28), 11553-11558, 2013.
- Single-molecule imaging in live bacteria cells
K Ritchie, Y Lill, C Sood, H Lee, S ZhangPhil Trans Royal Soc B 368, 20120355, 2013.
- Single-molecule study of molecular mobility in the cytoplasm of Escherichia coli
Y Lill, WA Kaserer, SM Newton, M Lill, PE Klebba, K RitchiePhysical Review E 86 (2), 021907, 2012.
Last Updated: May 18, 2016 11:53 AM