Prof. Jones' primary area of research is in High Energy Physics. Currently he is
a member of the CDF-II collaboration
which has built and operates one of the two detectors at the
Tevatron - the World's
highest energy proton-antiproton collider, located at the Fermi National Accelerator Lab.
- Heavy flavor physics at CDF
- b-quark production
- Identification of B-hadron flavor at production
- Associated kaon production
- Decays of B0_s mesons
- Particle identification in p p-bar collisions
- Trigger electronics upgrade
Heavy flavor physics using the OPAL detector at the LEP e+e- collider, located at CERN. I carried out a study of
the production of P-wave charm mesons among the decay products of the Z-boson. We were the first to observe the production of the Ds1 meson in Z decays.
» ... more on Prof. Jones' Research
Physics 310 - Fall, 2004 - Intermediate Mechanics
Physics 564 - Fall, 2003 - Introduction to Elementary Particle Physics
Awards and Honors
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania 1997-1999.
- Jasbir Singh Sidhu Memorial Book Award, Carleton University, "for demonstrated excellence academically and in research", 1996.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship, Carleton University, 1994-1996.
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship, Carleton University, 1992-1994.
- NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award, University of Victoria, 1990.
- First Prize for contributed paper, Canadian Undergraduate Physics Conference, 1989.
- Associate Professor, Purdue University, 2009-present.
- Assistant Professor, Purdue University, 2003-2009.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Pennsylvania, 1997-2003.
- D. Acosta et al, CDF collaboration, "Search for the
Flavor-Changing Neutral Current Decay D0-->mu+mu- in
p anti-p Collisions at s**(1/2)=1.96 TeV",
FERMILAB-PUB-03/240-E, Submitted to Phys Rev D, Rapid
Communications, August 25 2003.
D. Acosta et al, CDF collaboration, "Measurement of
Prompt Charm Meson Production Cross Sections in p anti-p
Collisions at s**(1/2)=1.96 TeV", FERMILAB-PUB-03/217-E,
Submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett. July 28, 2003.
D. Acosta et al, CDF Collaboration, "Measurement of
the Mass Difference m(D+_s)-M(D+) at CDF-II",
FERMILAB-PUB-03/048-E, Submitted to Phys Rev D,
March 19, 2003.
Ch. Paus et al, "Design and Performance tests of
the CDF Time-of-Flight System",
Nucl. Instrum. Meth A461:579-581, 2001.
C. Grozis et al, "The Time-of-Flight Detector at CDF",
Nucl. Phys. Suppl. 93:344-347, 2001.
K. Ackerstaff et al, OPAL Collaboration, "Production
of P-Wave Charm and Charm-Strange Mesons in Hadronic
Z0 Decays", Zeit. fur Physik C76:425-440, 1997.