Associate Professor of Physics
Office: Physics 56
Telephone: (765) 494-3012
Fax: (765) 494-0706
B.S., Physics, University of Bucharest, Romania, 1994
M.S., Physics, University of Bucharest, Romania, 1995
Ph.D., Physics, Pennsylvania State University, 2001
- New Physics in 2D Electrons
- new phases in the low density and low temperature regime.
- BCS-like Pairing of Composite Fermions
- Non-Abelian Statistics and Possible Applications for Quantum Computing
- Solid Phases in Electronic Systems
- Spin Physics in Low Dimensional Semiconductors
- Spectrally Enhanced Chemical Detection with Nanotube Transistors
- Carbon nanotube transistors and silicon nanowire devices have been recently shown to change their electrical conductivity when tiny amounts of molecules are adsorbed onto their surface. Such detectors therefore have potential impact in fields like environmental protection, basic biology, and medical research.
Awards and Honors
- Braddock Fellowship, Pennsylvania State University 1996, 1997
- David Duncan Fellowship, Pennsylvania State University 1995, 1996
- National Award of Merit, University of Bucharest, Romania 1991, 1993, 1994
- National Scholarship, University of Bucharest, Romania 1990, 1991, 1992
- 2013 to present Associate Professor of Physics, Purdue University
- 2006-2012 Assistant Professor of Physics, Purdue University
- 2004-2006 Research Staff Member, Department of Electrical Engineering, Princeton University
- 2001-2004 Research Associate, Department of Electrical Engineering, Princeton University
- 1997-2000 Graduate Assistant, Department of Physics, Pennsylvania State University
- 1994-1995 Research Assistant, Institute of Physics and Technology of
Materials, Bucharest, Romania 1994-1995
- Csathy GA, Tsui DC, Pfeiffer LN, et al., The influence of quantum fluctuations on quantum hall phases at large r(s), Physica E-Low-Dimensional Systems & Nanostructures, 34 (1-2): 210-213 AUG 2006.
- Csathy GA, Noh H, Tsui DC, et al., Magnetic-field-induced insulating phases at large r(s), Physical Review Letters 94 (22): Art. No. 226802 JUN 10 2005.
- Li WL, Csathy GA, Tsui DC, et al., Scaling and universality of integer quantum Hall plateau-to-plateau transitions, Physical Review Letters 94 (20): Art. No. 206807 MAY 27 2005.
- Csathy GA, Xia JS, Vicente CL, et al., Tilt-induced localization and delocalization in the second Landau level, Physical Review Letters 94 (14): Art. No. 146801 APR 15 2005.