- Lovall D, Andres RP, Reifenberger R
- Dept. of Phys., Purdue Univ., West Lafayette, IN, USA.
- Jena P; Khanna SN; Rao BK.
- Identifying the atomic structure and orientation of supported nanometer-size
- Proceedings of the Science and Technology of Atomically Engineered Materials.
World Scientific. 1996, pp.137-45. Singapore.
- Conference Information
- Proceedings of the International Symposium on the Science and Technology of
Atomically Engineered Materials. Richmond, VA, USA. 30 Oct.-4 Nov. 1995.
- The utility of field-ion microscopy (FIM) in studying the shape and
orientation of a supported, nanometer-size Au cluster is discussed. By
comparing computer simulations of an FIM image to experimental FIM data, the
structure and orientation of the supported cluster can be determined. (22