- Lin ME, Ramachandra A, Andres RP, Reifenberger R
- Purdue Univ., West Lafayette, IN, USA.
- Electronic states and structural stability of supported Au clusters.
- Zeitschrift fur Physik D-Atoms Molecules & Clusters, vol.26, no.1-4, 1993,
- Conference Information
- Sixth International Symposium on Small Particles and Inorganic Clusters
(ISSPIC) 6. Chicago, IL, USA. 16-22 Sept. 1992.
- The quantized energy levels of electrons in supported nanometer-size Au
clusters have been resolved at room temperature using field emission
techniques. By studying the time dependence of the electron emission current
from an individual supported cluster, information about the structural
stability of the cluster can also be obtained. Studies show abrupt jumps
between different emission rates that are revisited as time progresses. This
phenomenon can be attributed to a rearrangement of the cluster structure
and/or orientation on the substrate and provides new evidence of multiple
'isomeric' structures for small clusters of metallic atoms. (28 References).